Summertime is the time of year where fresh local produce is abundant. Also, summertime means hotter days and shorter nights, which to me means I don’t want to cook with too much heat! There are lots of no-cook meals that are available to get you through the summer, but this will be the new favourite. It is easy to make ahead of time and can last a few days in the fridge to enjoy and meal prep for your week. This pasta salad is made using the produce from the Summer Time Produce box and other pantry staples.
This pesto pasta salad is one of my favourites because I make a huge batch on my meal prep day and get to enjoy it all week long. The entire family loves it and my friends always ask me to make more! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!Print
- Peel the garlic and measure out your ingredients
- Add all your ingredients except the olive oil to a food processor or blender
- Mix and slowly drizzle in the olive oil to get your desired texture
- season with salt
- store in a glass jar with extra olive oil on top to keep it fresh
- Cook the pasta using the instructions on the box
- once the pasta is cooked drain and drizzle with olive oil. Set in a bowl and cool
- While the pasta is cooling, slice, dice and chop the veggies.
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl and a dollop of pesto
- Mix, serve and enjoy
This summertime pesto salad is easy to make, perfect for lunches, or a picnic at the beach. Need something to bring to a bbq? Make this pasta salad!