Cauliflower is one of the most popular vegetables, and is often more kid-friendly than its green cousin, the broccoli. This cruciferous vegetable is most commonly white, but can also be found in colours from light green to orange, and even purple. Although a bit odd in appearance, this nutritious vegetable packs a ton of health benefits related to cancer prevention, heart health, and digestion.
But perhaps the most treasured characteristic of cauliflower, beyond its health benefits, is its indisputable culinary versatility. You can transform cauliflower into rice, mash, soup, pizza crust, hummus, and even buffalo wings! There are infinite possibilities. And because it’s low in calories, cauliflowers makes the perfect snack dishes.
Hosting a dinner party? Watching a football game at home? Or just bingeing on a Netflix show? Try making these pub-style buffalo cauliflower bites. They’ll for sure become your new go-to snack. Don’t worry; it’s a healthy addiction.
Pub-Style Buffalo Cauliflower Bites (Vegan)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 450℉.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, water, garlic, pepper, and salt. Mix thoroughly with a whisk to make a thin batter, adding more water if needed.
- Dip cauliflower pieces in batter until coated and place on a greased, non-stick baking tray.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the batter hardens, then flip it with a spatula and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Whisk together hot sauce and butter substitute in a small bowl.
- When the pieces are finished, take a plastic pastry brush and evenly brush each piece with the hot sauce mixture until it is used up.
- Bake coated cauliflower wings for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until cauliflower is crispy, and sauce looks absorbed, then remove from oven.
- Let these delicious bites set out for at least 20 minutes before serving.
|GET THE INGREDIENTS|