Beer? Good! Cheese? Good! Together? GOOD!
Beer cheese will be the hit of your next party. You’ll never want to eat anything else again. You’ll take out a second mortgage on your house so you can buy truckloads of beer, cheese, and soft pretzels. Okay, maybe not. But it’s good enough that you’ll daydream about doing that.
So, do yourself a favour and add the ingredients to your next SPUD order. If you’re in Calgary, you can even get the Star Cheek IPA from Tool Shed brewing delivered with your order!
Beer cheese dip is the perfect game day or party appetizer!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Star Cheek IPA
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 3 cups aged cheddar cheese, grated
- Add the flour and butter together in a sauce pan over medium heat to create a roux. Stir constantly until combined.
- Pour beer and milk into the mixture slowly while whisking to combine.
Turn heat to medium-high and simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Whisk in the mustard, worcestershire and hot sauce.
Add cheese into mixture one handful at a time. Whisk constantly until each handful of cheese has completely melted before adding in the next batch.
Serve immediately. Dip will thicken as it cools.
- Category: dip