Beer cheese dip is the perfect game day or party appetizer!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Star Cheek IPA
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 3 cups aged cheddar cheese, grated
- Add the flour and butter together in a sauce pan over medium heat to create a roux. Stir constantly until combined.
- Pour beer and milk into the mixture slowly while whisking to combine.
Turn heat to medium-high and simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Whisk in the mustard, worcestershire and hot sauce.
Add cheese into mixture one handful at a time. Whisk constantly until each handful of cheese has completely melted before adding in the next batch.
Serve immediately. Dip will thicken as it cools.
- Category: dip