Here is a perfect autumn dish just in from our awesome ambassador Julia Murray: Vegan Mashed Yams with Caramelized Apples. . This season’s YAMazing crowd pleaser can work for breakfast, lunch, dinner, AND dessert. Julia Murray is an Olympian and world class skier hailing from Whistler, BC. She knows how to fuel her body to keep up with her active lifestyle, while appealing to her taste buds.
This dish works for any meal, but it especially pairs well with Julia’s breakfast cereal, Jules Fuel- YUM!
Vegan Mashed Yams with Caramelized Apples
5 large, or 10 small yams
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. almond milk
pinch of salt
2 apples, thinly sliced
1 tbsp. coconut sugar
1 tsp. coconut oil
1. Wash yams, cut off ends, pierce with knife, place on parchment paper’d pan, then bake at 400 for 45 minutes
2. Blend together yams, cinnamon, salt and almond yogurt
3. Pour into oven safe dish
4. Make Caramelized apples: melt coconut oil and coconut sugar in pan, add apples, then simmer until soft (10 minutes)
5. Top yams with apple slices
6. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes