This dinner is easy to follow, quick to whip up, requires few ingredients, and only one pan!
- 220 grams asparagus
- 250 grams salmon (or 2 pre-packaged portions)
- 85 grams butter (about 3 tbsp)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lemon wedges
- Optional: other vegetables like kale, mushrooms, or broccoli
- Optional: add other herbs or seasonings to up the flavour profile! Some good options include paprika, chili powder, onion powder or fresh herbs.
- Start by rinsing and trimming the asparagus. Pro-tip: break off the ends – they snap off easily!
- Then heat up the butter in a large enough frying pan to fit both salmon and the asparagus. Start with about 1 tbsp of butter.
- Add the asparagus, and heat for about 3-4 minutes. Once vibrant green in colour, move the asparagus to one half of the pan.
- Next, add more butter (if necessary) and add the salmon. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Be sure to mix the asparagus so it evenly cooks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divvy up onto two plates and serve with lemon wedges. Squeeze wedges over salmon.