Crackers are convenient and versatile. They can be served on a fancy cheese board at a dinner party or munched by the handful when you get home from work (just me?). These crackers are not only delicious, but they’re vegan, gluten free, low carb, packed with fibre, and full of healthy fats. All that with only 5 ingredients. Phew! That’s a lot of goodness packed into one cracker.
If you’re following a ketogenic diet (low carb, high fat) and missing out on the crunch of chips or the convenience of having crackers on hand, these are an excellent solution! Take them on the go as a snack or add them to your meals. You can also create a thick, larger cracker to use as toast, just make sure you cook them at a lower temperature for longer.
These crackers are tasty as is, but you can also jazz them up with spices. I like adding a bit of ground cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder. If you do customize them, let us know your versions in the comments below!
Mixed Seed Crackers (Keto + Gluten-Free)
- ¾ cup flax seeds (½ cup whole, ¼ cup ground)
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup Sesame Seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ – 1 cup water
Optional: various spices like dried herbs, ground cumin, chili powder, and/or garlic powder
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add ¾ cup of water, mix, and let sit for 10 minutes. You’ll want a dough that sticks together but isn’t too wet. Add more water if necessary and let sit again.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and spread the mixture evenly until it is about 3-4 mm thick.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and carefully lift the parchment paper with the dough onto a cutting board and cut to desired cracker sizes.
- Lift the paper and crackers back onto the tray and return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Remove the parchment paper and flip each cracker before returning to the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Let the crackers cool and store in an airtight container. If they are fully dehydrated, they should last for a few weeks.