Grilling watermelon steaks is easy and delicious. When paired with spicy arugula, red onion, creamy feta cheese and a balsamic drizzle, you’ll have a salad you can whip up in a pinch that’s sure to impress everyone at your next barbecue.
While you’ve got the grill fired up, don’t forget to add some fruit for dessert – check out these 9 fruits that were made to be grilled and serve them with some creamy vanilla ice cream.
Grilled Watermelon Arugula Salad Recipe
Serves 8 side salads
- 8 slices seedless watermelon, 1-inch thick
- 8 cups Arugula, loosely packed
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Reduction
- Preheat the grill to a medium high heat.
- Cut your watermelon into 8 1-inch thick wedges with rind. Gently press the watermelon with a clean tea towel to soak up some of the excess water.
- Cover one side of the watermelon wedges with olive oil before placing them oil-side down on the grill. Brush the top side with oil.
- Grill over high heat for about 3 minutes on each side, or until grill marks have formed.
- Assemble 8 small plates with about a cup of arugula on each. Add watermelon on top, then sprinkle with sliced red onion and feta cheese.
- Complete it with a drizzle of balsamic reduction and olive oil on each salad.
Need more salad inspiration?
Be sure to check out these 7 delicious salad dressing recipes.