Are you sick of the pumpkin spice craze? Of course you’re not! You can’t get enough of our posts about DIY pumpkin spice mix, pumpkin loaf, and now we bring you pumpkin spice scones! If, for some reason, you’re not as crazy about pumpkin spice as the rest of us, maybe you’d rather bake some cranberry scones.
These pumpkin spice scones are the perfect pair to your favourite fall hot drink. They’re also aluminum-free (that’s important), kid-friendly, and deliciously addictive. Happy baking!
Pumpkin Spice Scones
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon homemade pumpkin spice mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1–3 tbsp cream
- Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or line with a silicone baking mat/parchment paper.
- Combine flour, raisins, baking powder, salt, and spice mix in a large bowl. Using a pastry knife, fork, or food processor, cut butter into the dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly and no chunks of butter are obvious. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together pumpkin, half and half, syrup, and egg. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Make dough into a ball and then pat out dough onto a lightly floured surface and form it into a 1-inch thick rectangle (about 9 inches long and 3 inches wide). Use a knife (or a pizza cutter) to slice the dough twice through the width, making three equal portions. Cut those three slices diagonally so that you have 6 triangular slices of dough.
- Bake scones on a baking sheet for 14–16 minutes. Scones should begin to turn light brown. Place them on a wire rack to cool.
- If making a glaze, mix the ingredients together and drizzle over warm scones.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 14-16 minutes