- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon homemade pumpkin spice mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1–3 tbsp cream
- Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or line with a silicone baking mat/parchment paper.
- Combine flour, raisins, baking powder, salt, and spice mix in a large bowl. Using a pastry knife, fork, or food processor, cut butter into the dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly and no chunks of butter are obvious. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together pumpkin, half and half, syrup, and egg. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Make dough into a ball and then pat out dough onto a lightly floured surface and form it into a 1-inch thick rectangle (about 9 inches long and 3 inches wide). Use a knife (or a pizza cutter) to slice the dough twice through the width, making three equal portions. Cut those three slices diagonally so that you have 6 triangular slices of dough.
- Bake scones on a baking sheet for 14–16 minutes. Scones should begin to turn light brown. Place them on a wire rack to cool.
- If making a glaze, mix the ingredients together and drizzle over warm scones.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 14-16 minutes