For some, the pizzadilla is a cheesy, greasy treat-yo-self-type meal. But what if you could make it a part of your kid’s healthy lunch?
Back to school season is when kids get excited about new school supplies and parents start worrying more about packing lunches. Keeping your kids both happy and healthy can be a challenge. The pizzadilla is an easy to make, fun to eat, and delicious choice.
At this point, you may be thinking “what exactly is a pizzadilla?”. Well, I didn’t know until it popped up on my Facebook feed earlier this week, but now it’s all I can think about.
|NEW TO SPUD? GET $10 OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!|
What Is a Pizzadilla?
Simple, it’s a quesadilla with pizza filling! Tomato sauce, cheese, some veggies, and meat, all pressed between two tortillas. Sounds good, huh? Well, we took this idea, kept all the cheesy goodness, and made it a little healthier and kid friendly!
The Healthy Pizzadilla
Here’s what you’ll need for each pizzadilla:
- 2 organic corn tortillas
- 1 ½ tablespoons organic marinara sauce
- ⅓ cup grated cheese
- ½ cup spinach
- ½ cup chopped pepper
- Ground chicken
What you need to do:
- Put a medium sized non-stick skillet (one slightly larger than your tortilla shell, but not too much larger) over medium heat
- As it warms, place one of the tortilla shells into skillet spread marinara sauce over it
- Once warm, sprinkle the cheese and add meat/protein, vegetables and spinach before the cheese melts
- Place the second tortilla on top and gently press it down
- Flip it and let it cook until the tortilla is lightly browned
- Plate, cut, and serve. If packing for lunch, place in a container and wait for it to cool to room temperature before closing the lid.
Have any creative, healthy ideas for a delicious pizzadilla? Tell us about ‘em!
|ADD THE INGREDIENTS TO YOUR CART|