Spring has arrived, but I’m already dreaming of long, warm summer days. Although, the only time I’m not dreaming of summer is when it has arrived. Or when it snows. (Hellooo I’m a Vancouverite, it hardly ever snows here! So exciting when it does!)
Summer will arrive in due time, and until then I will exercise patience (a challenge) and drink this summery smoothie (a pleasure!).
This recipe is pretty dang healthy as is, but if I’m totally honest, I usually add wheat grass powder. It’s weird for me when I drink a smoothie that doesn’t have a touch of earthiness to it. So if you’re in the mood for something green, add some wheat grass powder or spinach leaves.
Valencia, Navel, or Cara Cara oranges work great for this recipe. However, most oranges should do the trick.
Save $10 on your first order of local, organic groceries!
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- 3 Oranges (peeled and frozen)
- 2 cups Vanilla Dairy-free Milk*
- Peel, chop and freeze oranges. (Remove as much pith as possible)
- Add oranges and milk to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy cold!
*Use your favourite milk. If not using a vanilla milk, add a touch of vanilla extract to the recipe.
- If you want a stronger orange flavour add some orange zest or juice
- If you want it sweeter add a couple of dates, banana, maple syrup, or orange juice
|SHOP ORANGES AT Spud|
Keep on sippin’ this sunshine and eventually the real thing will arrive! (I’m not saying there’s a correlation. It’s just a delicious smoothie. And statistically speaking, it’s bound to get sunny eventually.)