This fast, easy and delicious plant-based ragù recipe will become a family favourite!
- 1 Beyond Meat burger (thawed)
- ½ of a small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 cup pre-made tomato sauce or a homemade tomato sauce recipe
- Optional: experiment and add whichever veggies you like! Diced carrots, peppers, or mushrooms all work well.
- Optional: cheese of your choice to grate and top pasta with. Nutritional yeast is also delicious.
- 2.5 cups of your favourite pasta, cooked al dente
- Heat oil in a medium-large pan. Saute onion and garlic. Cook for a few minutes, or until onions start to turn translucent. Season with S&P. Add additional veggies if using. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil.
- To your sauteed veggies, add your Beyond Meat patty. Crumble it up with a wooden spoon until it has a ground beef-like texture, and mix well into the onion/garlic/veggie mix. Cook on low-medium heat until meat has cooked properly – around 5 minutes or so. In the meantime, check on your pot of boiling water. Once boiled, add pasta and follow instructions on package.
- Once the meat has cooked properly, add your tomato sauce to the mixture. Turn heat to low/simmer. Stir until tomato sauce is well-incorporated with the meat and veggies. Remove from heat once the sauce is heated through.
- Strain pasta and add to the mix. Incorporate well, serve, and enjoy! Top with cheese of your choice if you like.