If you’re looking for a post-dinner pick me up this is the cocktail!
We are excited to announce our newest collaboration with our friends at Confluence Distilling and Rosso Coffee Roasters; two of Calgary’s favourite hotspots. Experience the smooth freshness of Confluence Headwater vodka married to splendiferously roasted Rosso coffee beans to create a perfectly balanced sip. Confluence craftily distilled Rosso’s Tipping Point beans, pulling out notes of walnut, chocolate and a bit of local spirit to bring you a delicious espresso vodka, now available for delivery on SPUD!
The Power Up cocktail brings the espresso vodka to the next level in this delicious winter cocktail. Cheers to a little boost in your day! Brought to you by Reece Southern from Proof YYC Cocktail Bar.
- 1.5oz Confluence Espresso Vodka
- .5oz Cynar
- 1.5oz Rosso Cold Brew
- .5oz Simple Syrup 2:1
- 2 Dash Orange Bitters
- 1 Large Pinch Salt
- Garnish: Orange Twist
How to make Rosso Cold Brew
- Coarsely crush 1.5 cups of Rosso whole bean coffee (your fav will do) into 2 cups of water and steep for 24 hours in fridge.
- Add 2 cups of white sugar and 1 cup of water into a pot. Heat until sugar dissolves. Refrigerate and allow to cool.
How to assemble cocktail
- Fill your cocktail class with ice cubes so the glass keeps cold
- In a shaker, add a heavy pinch of salt, orange bitters, simple syrup, Rosso cold brew, Cynar and finally, the Confluence espresso vodka
- Add ice to the shaker and shake vigorously for about 7 seconds
- Dump the ice out of your cocktail glass now that is cold, add shaved/crushed ice in place. Add the crushed ice to the top of the glass
- Strain the contents from your shaker into the cocktail glass
- Grab an orange rind and press the oils onto the top of the cocktail. Add the rest of the orange peel into the cocktail and enjoy!
- Method: Shaken
- Ice: Crushed / small cubes
- Glassware: Collins / Tall Glass
- Serving Size: 1