The perfect holiday recipe to cozy up with on a cold winters night. Add some wine or bubbly (delivered by SPUD) and bask in the appreciative glow of your friends and family! This recipe is brought to by Holistic Nutritionist and Food Blogger, Marcy Allen from Glowing Holistic Health.
- 1 package of brie
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 2 pinches cinnamon
- Blackberries for garnish (optional)
- Drizzle of honey for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Cut off one top of the Brie cheese rind and place the rest of the cheese wheel on a baking pan (with a sheet on it). The top part will be the exposed top of the wheel. You don’t have to do this but I loved having the top open to dip crackers into.
3. Once oven is ready, bake Brie cheese for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is soft. Keep an eye on it and watch so it doesn’t spill over and melt too much. Once done baking, take out of oven and let rest for a few minutes while you make the topping mixture.
4. Heat up a small pan over medium heat and add the coconut oil to melt. Then add in coconut sugar and stir up to combine.
5. Add cranberries, pecans, salt and cinnamon and mix for 2-3 minutes to combine and heat up.
6. Turn off heat and add mixture to the top of the cheese. Drizzle with the honey.
7. Eat with pita chips, crackers, or veggies. I highly recommend eating it on a charcuterie board!