1 large spaghetti squash
Salt and pepper
½ cup cubed tofu
Shrimp (optional )
1 red bell pepper
4 cloves of garlic minced
1-inch piece of ginger grated
2 eggs (optional)
3 heaping tablespoons garlic chili sauce
3 tablespoons soy sauce (tamari for gluten free)
Juice of 1 lime
4 tablespoons sesame oil
Crushed salted peanuts
½ bunch of cilantro chopped
- Preheat your oven and prepare your spaghetti squash. Follow how to cook the perfect spaghetti squash instructions here!
- Meanwhile, dice the tofu into cubes and press as much liquid as you can out. Use this technique.
- Wash, peel, slice and dice the vegetables your desired way and set aside
- Mince your garlic, slice the green onions and set aside
- In another bowl, add garlic chili sauce, ginger, soy sauce, lime juice and 2 tablespoons of the sesame oil. Mix it together and set aside.
- Once the spaghetti squash is almost cooked, put a medium pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Add the tofu to the pan and crisp. Once the tofu is crispy remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remainder of the oil and the garlic and green onions and saute. Add shrimp to cook if using.
- If you are using eggs, crack the egg and add to the pan, scramble until almost cooked.
- Add the vegetables except for the bean sprouts and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the squash and pour in the sauce mixture. Stir and combine
- Garnish with peanuts and cilantro and enjoy!