It is important to us that you have the resources that provide you and your family a healthy home. With coronavirus at the top of everyone’s mind, we have put together ways to properly disinfect the different surfaces in your house to make it easier for you. For more information on disinfecting your home please check out the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention website.
Here are 5 ways to properly disinfect surfaces in your home:
1. Wear disposable gloves when cleaning and disinfecting surfaces. If the surface is dirty, please clean away the dirt and grime, then disinfect.
2. Properly disinfect by using a diluted household bleach solution, alcohol solution with at least 70% alcohol. Be sure each solution is used for the appropriate surface and to always follow the manufacture’s instructions for proper application and ventilation. To properly prepare beach solution use this ratio: ⅓ of a cup of bleach per gallon of water.
3. For soft surfaces (carpeted floors, rugs and drapes), try to remove visible dirt and clean with appropriate cleaners. If possible, launder items using the warmest appropriate water setting for the items and make sure all pieces are completely dry.
4. Wear disposable gloves when handling dirty clothing, towels, and linens an ill person and discard after each use. If you are using reusable gloves, these gloves should only be used for cleaning and disinfecting surfaces for an ill person. Wash hands immediately after removing gloves. Do not shake dirty laundry. This will minimize the possibility of dispersing any virus and bacteria through the air.
5. It is important to launder using the warmest temperature as possible according to the washing instructions and clean and disinfect hampers according to the type of material prior to putting clean clothing in the bin.
We know hand sanitizer is hard to find right now, make it yourself using rubbing alcohol and a few other ingredients.