Big Mountain Lion’s Main Mushroom Crumble for these Sloppy Jo’s/Sloppy Mo’s
Another first to market innovation for Big Mountain! Lion’s Mane Mushroom Crumble is made with a trio of mushrooms – Lion’s Mane, Portobello, and Shiitake. It’s perfect in these Sloppy Jo’s. Packed with a powerhouse of health benefits, full of vitamins and minerals and a plant-based protein that is so sustainable it can help save the planet, Lion’s Mane Mushroom Crumble tastes delicious, is good for you and the world we live in and is the perfect addition to any meal. Love mushrooms? Check out our mushroom toast recipe here.
Vegan Sloppy Jo’s
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 package of Lion’s Mane Mushroom Crumble
- 1/2 green chili, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Hamburger buns toasted
- 4 slices vegan cheese (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat then add the olive oil and saute the onions for 3-4 minutes until translucent then add the garlic, green pepper, and chili. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add the Lion’s Mane Mushroom Crumble, worcestershire sauce, spices, and tomato paste. Cook until everything has softened about 3-5 minutes. Then add the tomato sauce and continue cooking for 3 more minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Set aside.
- To assemble add the desired amount of the mixture to the toasted hamburger buns then top with a vegan cheese sauce or vegan slices of cheese.