Fall and winter are full of tasty, rich foods that keeps our bellies warm. While we love these comforting foods, sometimes it’s nice to opt for a lighter meal. This delicious winter salad is easily adapted to suit whatever you have in your fridge!
Bartlett Pear and Blue Cheese Spinach Salad
- 6-8 cups Baby Spinach (loosely packed)
- 1/4 cup Walnut pieces
- 1-2 sliced Bartlett Pears
- 1/4 Cup crumbled Blue Cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Tbs Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- Core and slice the bartlett pear – put into a bowl with lemon juice to prevent them from discolouring.
- In a large bowl, place the spinach leaves, and arrange crumbled cheese, sliced pears and walnuts on top.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Drizzle dressing and serve.
Make with apples or pomegranates, substitute any other greens, use feta or smoked tofu instead of blue cheese or try adding some diced roasted chicken breast.
Not into a salad right now? Why not try some of these tasty fall snacks!