Summer is made for salads, try this Mediterranean Couscous Salad as a simple side or top with protein for a main course.
1 cup of Israeli Couscous
1/2 teaspoon of Fine Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon of Hickory Smoked Hungarian Paprika
1/4 teaspoon of Water or Veggie Broth
1 diced tomato
1 diced cucumber
3 cups of shredded baby spinach
1 Tablespoon of Balsamic vinegar
1) Add water or vegetable broth to a small pot and bring it to boil. Add in Israeli couscous, stir, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
2) Turn heat down to medium-low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the couscous is cooked through.
3) Rinse couscous with cold water and let drain.
4) In a large bowl, mix in tomato, cucumber, baby spinach, and couscous.
5) Combine balsamic vinegar, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
6) Pour over salad and enjoy!