An upgraded version of the treats you grew up with!
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (we used Dandies)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1.5 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper
- In a large pot, melt the butter or margarine over medium heat. Add the marshmallows and salt and stir until the marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from heat and swirl through the peanut butter. Then fold in the crispy rice.
- Once combined evenly, pour the mixture into a parchment-lined 8 inch square baking dish and spread it out evenly. Cover with a piece of parchment and use your hands to press it down firmly.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler. Once melted, spread evenly on top and chill until chocolate sets.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!