Spring has sprung and its time to enjoy our patios. Whip up this Brulee Grapefruit and Gin Fizz cocktail using some local gin and you have yourself the perfect backyard happy hour!
Here’s How to Make It:
For the Bruleed Grapefruit:
2 large grapefruits cut in half,
4 tablespoons of brown sugar,
1 tablespoon of white sugar,
For the cocktail:
2 ounces local gin,
4 ounces bruleed grapefruit juice,
1-2 ounces club soda,
Thyme for garnish,
Spritz of lime (you can also use lemon)
We recommend using our Manchester Gin from Confluence Distillery or the Parlour Gin from Eau Claire Distillery!
1. Place each half grapefruit fruit side up on a cookie sheet,
2. Mix the brown and white sugar together, then divide evenly among each grapefruit half covering the fruit,
3. Broil in the oven about 10 minutes or until the sugar begins to caramelize turning a deep amber brown,
4. Remove from oven and let cool,
5. Once cool, begin to make your cocktail by combining the gin and grapefruit juice, stir lightly to combine, top off your cocktail with club soda, a spritz of lime and ice,
6. Garnish with thyme and voila!
Sit back, relax and enjoy (and be sure to tag us in your creations!)