2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
½ tsp cinnamon
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup coconut oil
¾ cup maple or brown sugar
2 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked in water 4-6 hours or overnight then drained
½ cup lemon juice
½ cup coconut oil, melted
¾ cup maple syrup
1 tsp of ground vanilla bean or vanilla extract
¼ cup cashew milk (if needed)
1) Mix all dry ingredients for crust until well blended. Add coconut oil. Once it is all mixed together, press into bottom of large spring-form pan, lined with circle of parchment paper, easing it up the sides approximately 1 inch. Bake in 325 F oven for 30-40 minutes.
2) While crust is baking, add all filling ingredients to a blender and mix until very smooth. If needed, add cashew milk. I use a Vitamix and sometimes have to do this twice, letting machine cool down in between.
3) Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
4) Pour cheesecake mixture into crust and chill for at least 6 hours or overnight. It can be frozen and will thaw pretty quickly.
5) Cover with your favourite topping.
Susan is our resident vegan. She’s been a vegetarian for 20 years, and a vegan for 3. She has researched both lifestyles extensively and is constantly exploring new recipes, add her own twist. She is a long time Spud customer, and now our very own resident vegan blogger!