Tasty Vegan Pumpkin Pie From Vegan Expert Rebecca Coleman
Have you been interested in learning more about Vegan Baking? We certainly have and we teamed up with Vegan Baking expert and cookbook author, Rebecca Coleman, to bring you this great holiday, or any day, treat!
Check out her new cookbook, Vegan Baking Made Easy, for more recipes.
So, you got assigned to bring the dessert to Thanksgiving dinner, hey? Well, this pumpkin pie is traditional and will impress, but it’s also vegan and free of any refined sugars.
It all comes together super quick and blender, pour it into a store-bought pie shell, bake for an hour, and you’ll be the hero of your family’s Thanksgiving feast.
The bonus of this recipe is that the filling is gluten free, so if you use a gluten-free pie crust, the pie is both vegan and gluten free!
Makes: 1 pie
1 frozen Wholly Wholesome Pie Shell (thawed), they come in traditional, whole wheat or gluten free
500 ml canned pumpkin puree (about 1 and ½ cans)
250 ml canned coconut milk
60 ml pure maple syrup
60 ml coconut sugar
30 ml cornstarch
5 ml vanilla extract
15 g pumpkin pie spice
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the thawed pie shell on a baking tray for greater stability.
- In the jar of your blender, place the pumpkin puree, the coconut milk, the maple syrup, the coconut sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and a pinch of salt. Blend well until everything is incorporated. Scrape down the sides and blend again.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell.
- Bake in a 350 degree pre-heated oven for about 1 hour, until the pastry is golden and the top is set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. The pie will thicken and set as it cools.
- Serve with a scoop of Nora’s Vanilla Vegan Ice Cream or Coconut Whip.
Looking for a VEGAN THANKSGIVING MAIN? We’ve got one from VERY GOOD BUTCHER.