This recipe for Vegan Ghost Cupcakes comes from Instagrammer Robin Browne of GreenEggsAndYams Check out her feed for more vegan and gluten-free recipes.Print
Vegan and Gluten-Free Ghost Cupcakes
2 flax eggs How to make a flax egg
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
3/4 cup oat milk
1/2 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup vegan butter (at room temperature)- I used Miyokos
2 cups vegan powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
chocolate chips for the eyes
1. Preheat the oven the 350ºF and line a muffin tray with 11 liners. Begin by preparing the flax eggs (add 6 tbsp of water to 2 tbsp of flax meal- let sit until a yolky consistency has formed ~ 5 minutes.
2. Melt the coconut oil over low heat. And set aside.
3. Add all the wet ingredients together and whisk to combine.
4. Add the dry ingredients together in another bowl and whisk.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix until combined.
6. Equally, divide the batter into 11 liners.
7. Bake for 25-27 minutes.
8. Let the cupcakes cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer them to a cooling rack and let them cool completely before icing.
9. While cooling, prepare the icing. Add the room temperature butter, powdered sugar and vanilla to a bowl (or a kitchen aid mixer). Using hand beaters or the whisk kitchen aid attachment, mix until smooth and thick.
10. Using a piping bag and a Wilton 2D tip or a circular tip, ice the cupcakes. Then add in 2 chocolate chips for the eyes!
11. Store cupcakes in a sealed container on the counter. Best eaten within a few days.