Porridge is one of my personal favourites as it’s super quick, warming in the winter months and you can get as creative with it as you want!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 350ml semi-skimmed milk (or nut milk)
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/2 cup of berries
- Place the oats, milk and apple in a small saucepan and bring to a boil
- Let simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally (I never do as I shower while I let it simmer – save time!)
- Stir in the berries and serve.
- Sprinkle with choice of nuts, coconut, hemp seeds, chia or cinnamon
Make the porridge gluten free by using gluten free oats. I sometimes use buckwheat or quinoa in order to add some variety to my breakfast routine.
Replace apples with pears, banana, cranberries, whatever your heart desires! Enjoy :)