The perfect treat to kick off the holidays! These oatnog cookies are made with plant-based ingredients and locally produced organic whole wheat flour for a healthy holiday treat!
2 Tbsp melted coconut oil or plant-based butter
1/4 cup dairy-free eggnog
1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp corn starch
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 tsp nutmeg
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup plant-based butter
1 – 1 1/4 cup icing sugar
2 Tbsp vegan eggnog
- Start by whisking together coconut oil, eggnog, and vanilla.
- Whisk in flour, corn starch, baking powder and spices until a dough forms.
- Cover with a tea towel or beeswax wrap and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop (or about 2 tbsp), to scoop the dough onto your baking sheet and flatten slightly with your palm.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes. Let the cookies cool while you make your icing.
- To make the icing use an electric mixer to whip the plant-based butter until soft. Gradually add your icing sugar 1/4 cup at a time. Use more oat nog to thin out the icing to desired consistency.
- Top the cookies with extra cinnamon and nutmeg and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: oatnog, eggnog, cookies, holiday