Ranch is a widely popular dressing that emerged far more recently than you might have thought. This dressing became famous in 1954 when a couple created it and served it to guests at their ranch. Nowadays, it would be pretty difficult to find someone who doesn’t like ranch dressing. It’s a popular flavour for chips. We dip our pizzas in it. And it’s delicious with just about any raw vegetable.
It is definitely a staple dip that’s on par with mayonnaise and barbecue. But like mayonnaise, it’s usually not vegan-friendly. Luckily, with the increasing awareness of ethical food consumption, many have created their own versions of vegan-friendly sauces and dips. Vegan ranch dressing is surprisingly easy to make, and also super delicious. Even if you’re not vegan, we have a feeling you might prefer this version over the traditional one.
Vegan Ranch Dressing
Many vegan ranch dressings will call for a vegan mayonnaise, and the vegan versions of both sauces are indeed pretty similar with the exception of thickness and herbs (chives, parsley, and dill). If you’ve never made vegan mayonnaise before, we have two amazing recipes you have to try.
For this vegan ranch dressing, we’re starting from scratch, so don’t worry if you’re not stocked up on vegan mayonnaise!
Want more? Check out these 7 salad dressing recipes that will make you love salad!Print
Vegan Ranch Dressing
This simple vegan ranch will have you converted! Instead of using traditional mayonnaise, it uses cashews and fresh herbs for bright and creamy flavours.
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight and drained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp fresh chives finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh dill finely chopped
- In a blender, add all ingredients except the fresh herbs. Blend on high for about 45 seconds until it’s creamy with a smooth consistency.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in the fresh herbs until it’s well mixed. Add more herbs to taste before serving.