- Pre heat oven to 375 F
- Wash and peel carrots then cut into long sticks
- In a bowl, toss with the toasted cumin, chili, olive oil, salt and pepper
- Place the carrots onto a roasting tray.
- Wash and split the green garlic in half and place into the roasting tray
- Roast for 8-10 minutes so the carrots and still firm but have slightly caramelized
- Using a mandolin or chefs knife, shave the fennel and set to the side
- Remove the green garlic from the tray and place into a food processor.
- Add the toasted pistachios, olive oil, lemon juice to the food processor. Pulse until the ingredients come together, but not too smooth
- Season with salt and pepper
- In a bowl toss the carrots and fennel together with half of the pesto
- Pile them onto a serving platter and serve with the remaining pesto on the side.
- Garnish with chopped chives