- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 can beer (we like Red Rage from Tool Shed)
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless cod, cut into 1-inch wide strips
- Salt & pepper
- Frying oil
Assemble your favourite taco ingredients, some we like are:
- Corn tortillas
- Red onion
- Pickled jalapeños
- Sour cream
- Fresh lime juice
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven to 375 °F.
- Sift 1 1/2 cups of flour into a large bowl and gently stir in the can of beer. Reserve 1/2 of the flour for dredging.
- Pat your strips of fish dry and season with salt and pepper before coating in the beer batter. Once coated in batter, dredge in the dry flour and place into the oil.
- Fry fish for around 4-5 minutes, turning frequently until it is golden brown and cooked through. Transfer cooked fish to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Work in batches so that you don’t overcrowd the pan, returning the oil to 375 °F between batches.
- Once cooked, assemble your tacos!