This is a perfect warm weather dish! It’s light and refreshing, yet satisfying. You can use whatever protein and veggies you have on hand.
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Thai chili sauce (optional)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast or tofu
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 1/2 chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- Lettuce leaves for wrapping – Bibb or Boston are the best, but you can use any large leaf in a pinch.
- Add sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine the chicken or tofu, red pepper, avocado, green onion, carrot, almonds, and cilantro in a large bowl. Pour sauce over and toss gently until well mixed.
- Serve with lettuce leaves for wrapping.