This meal is for the non-cook of the house who chooses recipes with few ingredients, easy steps to follow but creates an outcome so tasty it convinces your family and friends that you should audition for Masterchef. Try this recipe with our locally raised beef!
- 2 lbs free-range Alberta ground beef
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup jalapeno chopped
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 12 small burger buns or rolls
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Optional: tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, or bacon
- Portion the ground beef into twelve small patties and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and cook until the patties are fully cooked, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Cook the onion in the remaining butter for about 3 minutes before adding in the whiskey. Cook for 2 minutes or until whiskey is reduced to half. Add jalapenos, barbecue sauce, and stir.
- On low heat, place the small patties in the skillet to coat completely. Simmer until reduced further and well-coated. This is a wonderful time to add cheese if you want!
- Place them on lightly toasted buns to serve!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min