- Pop the popcorn however you like and place it in a large bowl (the larger the better). Preheat the oven to 250, and line several baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium pot, melt the butter/coconut oil and mix in the honey, sugar, and salt. Bring the mixture to gentle simmer for around 5 minutes, stirring the whole time.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the baking soda and vanilla. It’ll get little foamy – that’s normal.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the popcorn and mix it through with a wooden spoon. You’ll need to do this pretty quickly, so the sauce doesn’t harden before all the popcorn is covered.
- Spread the popcorn on the baking sheets and bake for 30-45 minutes, checking and stirring it often so it doesn’t burn.