- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Chop the ends of the Brussels sprouts. Boil water with 2 tsp of salt and boil the Brussels sprouts for 10 minutes. They should be bright green and soft but not fully cooked, it’s important they do not get too mushy
- Use a towel to pat them dry and toss them in a bowl with olive oil, salt, parmesan, garlic and cayenne pepper.
- Lay out on a baking sheet. Use the bottom of a glass or mason jar to press each brussel sprout down until flat, and sprinkle with additional parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the bottom is golden brown and enjoy!