- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/8 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/8 cup pure maple syrup or honey, if not vegan
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts to coat cookies in.
- 1/4–1/2 cup low sugar cherry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together coconut oil, sweetener, vanilla extract and almond extract. Mix well until creamed. Slowly add almond flour and salt until you form a large doughy ball.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silicon mat. Scoop tablespoons of the dough and roll into balls. If you’re using walnuts, roll the balls in the walnuts now. Place evenly onto the baking sheet.
- Make an imprint in the centre of each cookie with your thumb. Fill each imprint with jam, about ½ – 1 teaspoon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 F or until lightly browned.
- Let cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Serve solo, or with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
This recipe makes 12 cookies.