- 1 kg blueberries (around 9 cups)
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- dash ground cloves
- 1 tsp liquid stevia
- 2 tsp Pomona’s Pectin
- 2 tsp calcium water (this comes with Pomona’s Pectin)
- Boiling water canner
- 250 ml jars with lids and screw bands
- heavy bottomed pot
- Sterilize and prep your jars, lids, and screw bands.
- Wash and stem your blueberries. Add them to your pot a layer at a time and crush them with a potato masher until they are all crushed
- To the pot with the blueberries, add the spices and the calcium water. Put the pot over medium-high heat and bring to the boil
- In the meantime, place the Pomona’s Pectin in a bowl and add the lemon juice, stirring quickly. Set aside.
- When the blueberries have come to the boil, stir the pectin mixture in, one spoonful at a time. Let it boil for another minute once the pectin in mixed in, and remove from heat.
- Stir the liquid stevia into the blueberry mixture and taste (carefully! It’s hot!). Add more stevia if needed.
- Ladle mixture into 250 ml jars leaving 1 cm headroom. Use a non-metal utensil to remove bubbles (by inserting it into the jars and wiggling it around to release trapped air) and top up with more blueberry mixture if needed.
- Wipe the jar rims, place the lids on, and screw the bands on to finger tightness. Process jars in boiling water canner for 10 minutes, remove from canner, and let cool on wire racks.