- The liquid from 1 can of Unsalted Chickpeas (about 1 cup of liquid)
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- ¾ Cup White Sugar
- Preheat oven to 200F
- Open your can of chickpeas, and pour out the liquid into a mixing bowl. Add vanilla and cream of tartar.
- Beat this mixture on high, then slowly add in the sugar while still beating. Make sure to scrape off the sugar from the sides to make sure that everything is combined.
- Continue beating until stiff peaks begin to form, about 7 minutes.
- Lining a baking sheet with parchment paper, then use a pastry bag or spoon to dollop the meringue onto the baking sheet in even mounds.
- Bake for 1 ½ – 2 ¼ hours. Check for doneness by taking a meringue out of the oven, and slicing it open to check the texture. If you are looking for a more chewy centre, opt for less time. If you would prefer the meringue is crunchy all the way through, cook for longer.
- Store in a cool, dry place.