“Development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.”
— from the World Commission on Environment and Development’s (the Brundtland Commission) report Our Common Future Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1987).
Here’s what we do to keep SPUD green
- We package our items in reusable bins to eliminate unnecessary packaging.
- We recycle, and help you recycle too.
- We work to reduce food waste and compost.
- We buy local products and list food miles.
- We have a strict Sustainable Purchasing Policy for all of our food.
Did you know?
For no extra charge we pick up recyclable SPUD packing materials and deposit containers you have purchased from us. We just ask that you rinse them before placing them in your empty bin for return, so they can be passed along to a processing facility.
Items purchased from us which we are happy to recycle for you include unwanted plastic bags (plastics with 2, 4, and 5 stamped along the bottom of the bag), milk jugs, plastic and glass bottles, aluminum cans, tetra pak, and plastic containers (Pete 1, HDPA 2, V3, LDPE 4, PP 5, PS 6, OTHER 7).