Satisfy your creative appetite!
Get creative for your chance to win $1,000 and see your artwork come to life with our Spud mural contest!
From Vancouver to Red Deer, Nanaimo to Kamloops Spud proudly delivers fresh local groceries to thousands of doors each week.
Clocking up the kilometers our vans are well known across Alberta and British Columbia. In the cities and towns we serve, you’re guaranteed to see our vans driving through the streets of your neighbourhood delivering boxes of delicious food.
While it is usually food cravings we aim to satisfy, it’s your creative appetite that we are feeding with our next adventure.
We are looking to revamp the wall on our BC, Main Street store in Vancouver, Organic Acres Market, as well as updating artwork on our delivery vans across our locations, and we are reaching out to you, our community, for support! Whether you’re a budding artist or if design and murals are your thing, we invite you to bring some va va voom to our delivery vans and brighten up the walls of our retail store. Let your imagination flow when bringing Spud to life through your creations.
Two winning designs will be selected, one will become the hottest new mural in the city on the walls of our Organic Acres, Main Street, Vancouver while the second design will take to the streets in British Columbia and Alberta.
We are giving entrants the opportunity to bring Spud and our ethos to life. Feel free to let your ideas flow and represent Spud by incorporating our focus on sustainability, local groceries, and delivery service into your designs.
Fancy taking part? Here is the deal…
- Head over to the ‘Upload’ tab on this page to upload your entry
- Designs must be submitted no later than Wednesday, 23 June 10pm PST
- File size for submission must not exceed 5MB
- Please submit your work in JPEG format – if your work is chosen our design team will reach out to to help reformat your artwork to be suitable for decal printing
- We ask that you leave space for our logo to be included into the design. Our logo can be found here if you need it
Download PDF to see how your design could be brought to life!
By submitting an entry, you agree to our Terms and Conditions.
How do I submit an entry?
Upload your file to our contest page along with your name, email address and brief description of your design.
What format should the design be?
File size should be a maximum of 5MB. Please submit your work in JPEG format – if your work is chosen our design team will reach out to to help reformat your artwork to be suitable for decal printing.
How many designs can be submitted?
Each contestant is allowed one entry for both the wall mural and van artwork designs.
- June 7: Contest is launched
- June 23: Your design must be submitted no later than 10pm to be eligible for entry.
- June 24 – July 5: The Spud team will review all entries and select the top 6 designs that will make it to the final round. (Three wall murals and three van murals)
- July 7: The 6 finalists will be announced.
- July 8 – 16: The public will be invited to vote for their favourite design. Voting will close at 10pm PST Tuesday, July 16th. Any votes submitted after this time will not be counted.
- July 20: Winners will be contacted. Spud.ca will notify the winners by email no later than 6pm PST on July 20.
- July 21: Winner will be announced on Spuds social media channels no later than 6pm PST on July 21. Spud will issue an email on July 22 to all our customers notifying them of the winning designs.
Is there an age limit?
No, we want to see designs from all ages. Anyone can enter this competition.
How will the winner be selected?
Spud will review all entries and narrow them down to 5 finalists. From there, the public will be able to vote via our website. The winners will be chosen based on the number of votes they receive. See our Terms and Conditions.
What if I’m the winner?
You will be required to present your file in JPEG or PDF format.
There will be two winners of this contest, one for the wall mural and one for the van artwork. Each winner will receive a cash prize of $1,000. Installation fees will be a separate cost outside of winning and we reserve the right to select the artist who will install the mural.
How will the murals be brought to life?
To align with sizing formats Spud will have the rights to alter the designs prior to the artwork being installed. The winners will have final sign off on any changes prior to installation. Spud reserves the right to select the artist who will install the mural. The winning artwork for our vans will be digitally formatted to align with our vehicle dimensions, and from there, decals will be printed and applied.
*Note: Detailed designs may need to be decaled onto the wall. This will be decided upon when the winning design is selected.